Worker Support Grant
The Worker Support Grant provides support to workers impacted by recent unit closures.
You may submit your grant application online using MCF's portal. You will need to enter the access code CIF2021 to complete the application.
After the committee has received your completed application, the Committee will review it. At that point, you may be asked to provide more information. The Committee will notify you of their decision as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee that every proposal will be funded
- Must be employed at the Colstrip Power Plant, Rosebud Mine, or Rosebud Operating Service (ROSI).
- Verification for eligibility will include a layoff letter.
- Must be a direct employee, not a contractor.
- Must have been employed at one of the 3 entities on or before June 11, 2019.
- This is the date of the Talen Press Release announcing the closure of Units 1 & 2. On this date the public was officially made aware of the closure.
- Company employees and Union Members in good standing with the union are eligible.
- Must be laid off. If a person retires, resigns, takes a voluntary lay off, is terminated, or gains employment elsewhere, they are not eligible.
- Grantees will only be eligible for a one-time payment.
- If an employee receives funds and is later called back to work, he/she may not apply again if/when they are laid off again in the future.
- If an employee receives a severance payment representing more than 50% of their annual income, they will not be eligible for funding.
- The grant is optional and no one is required to apply for funds. If an individual chooses to apply at a later time, he/she will no longer be eligible for funding after 3 months from his/her original layoff date.
- The Worker Support Grant Program will be effective on January 1, 2021.
- Claims may not be retroactive prior to the effective date of the program.
- There are no restrictions as to funding use. These funds will go directly to the impacted employees.
- Each year at the end of the calendar year, the Colstrip Impacts Foundation Committee will determine the amount to be awarded per eligible employee for the following calendar year.
- Apply online using the MCF portal.
You will need to use access code: CIF2021.