Supporting Montana's Students
Making Big Dreams Happen
We hope you're dreaming big and we hope those dreams include great things for Montana. For the 2020-2021 academic year, the Montana Community Foundation awarded nearly $500,000 in scholarships to deserving Montana students, thanks to the generous scholarship funds established by our donors.
Qualifications vary widely resulting in scholarship eligibility for a diverse range of students. For most scholarships, students can begin applying online January 1, with the closing date for applications being March 19. Scholarship awards generally range between $500 and $5,000, some of which are renewable for multiple years.
Complete your 2022 Awarded Student Information & acceptance follow-up form
Montana University/College Students
Leo and Anne Berry in honor of Joan Marie Scholarship: (22BESE)
Priority will be given to a Montana high school graduate enrolled at Gonzaga University in their second year pursuing an education curriculum. If no applicants, criteria for Anaconda High school will be considered.
- Applicant must be a graduate from a Montana high school and must be a second-year student enrolled at Gonzaga University pursuing an education degree with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Applicant must be a graduate from Anaconda high school
- Applicant must have completed one year at a Montana university/college
- GPA must be 2.5 or higher
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in Education. Preference to those in elementary education.
- Selection is based on the following factors: participation in volunteer work or extracurricular, church, and community activities.
- Applicant must provide a list of other scholarship awards applied and/or received.
- This scholarship is one-time award.
Questions to answer in Eligibility Quiz
- GPA - 2.49
- Intended post-secondary field of study – Education – Elementary or Secondary
- What high school do/did you attend? OR
- Are you currently enrolled at Gonzaga University?
Help and Resources
If you have questions related to scholarships, please check out our Scholarship Toolkit first. It has helpful tools and answers to the most common questions we often receive about scholarships. It includes tutorials for those having difficulty with the application software as either a student applying or a scholarship evaluator.
We're Here to Help
For additional help, questions or comments, contact Jenny Lou Stark, Scholarship Manager.