LCF+ Incentive Program
In January 2024, the Montana Community Foundation (MCF) is launching an incentive program to encourage Local Community Foundations (LCFs) to grow their unrestricted endowed assets. The LCF+ Incentive Program will allow LCFs to invest additional funds within their communities to make an impact now and in the future. Over the course of the LCF+ Incentive Program, MCF will distribute over $1 million to LCFs across Montana.
LCFs that have 100% of their endowed assets with MCF are eligible for the LCF+ Incentive Program. This includes LCF Affiliates that are under MCF’s 501(c)(3) status and LCFs that are not. In addition, this includes LCFs that are established during the incentive period.
- Have 100% of your board contribute to your endowment each year.
- Host one community gathering each year.
- Have two board and/or staff members attend the LCF Convening each year.
- Complete an LCF+ Incentive Program Application.
- Complete an LCF+ Incentive Program Game Plan.
- The LCF+ Incentive Program will run from January 1, 2024, to December 31, 2028.
- October 1, 2023: LCFs must meet with the LCF Program Officer and submit an LCF+ Incentive Program Game Plan.
- November 15, 2023: LCFs must submit an LCF+ Incentive Program Game Plan.
We're Here to Help
For additional help, questions or comments, contact Taylor Crowl, Program Officer, Local Community Foundations.