Six Stones Cheyenne Community Endowment
Honoring the life and legacy of Barbara Braided Hair, beloved wife and mother, through grants to benefit the Cheyenne community
In Loving Memory
Barbara Braided Hair
Motse’eoehnehe’e “Sweet Medicine Woman” Taa'eveohtse'e "Walks at Night Woman"
April 28, 1964 – July 10, 2019
Support Six Stones Cheyenne Community Endowment
Grants from the fund support the Cheyenne community with a focus on the following areas:
- Language preservation activities
- Financial literacy
- Preserving and encouraging the practice of female traditional values
- Education and training support
- Sobriety gatherings
- Travel assistance for Cheyenne oncology patients
- Youth clean-up programs
- Fire Corps
- Culinary arts
- Arts and crafts
How to Give to the Fund
- Mail checks to:
Montana Community Foundation
FBO Six Stones Cheyenne Community Endowment
PO Box 1145
Helena, MT 59624
- Give online.
- If you'd like to reduce your Montana income taxes, contact us about making a planned gift.
About Six Stones
Six Stones references a popular swimming hole on the Tongue River near Birney, Montana where the ground rises above the water, creating a small beach, and where Barbara made many fond childhood memories. The fund name represents Barbara’s ability to always rise to the occasion, even amid challenges, to take care of others, and lead by example.