MMIP News and Resources
Below are additional resources and information about the MMIP epidemic in Montana and across the nation.
News and Research Articles
- Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women in Montana- Brevin Holliday and Renny Jiang
- Rural Montana Had Already Lost Too Many Native Women. Then Selena Disappeared.- New York Times
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls- Urban Indian Health Institute
- A Bill of Life and Death': Legislature Passes Hanna's Act- Helena Independent Record
- Research Policy Update: Violence Against American Indian and Alaska Native Women
- Podcast - Stolen: The Search for Jermain
Community Resources and Organizations
- MMIP Montana Reporting website- A reporting hub for missing and murdered Native Americans in Montana, designed by Blackfeet Community College, in partnership with the Department of Justice’s Missing Indigenous Persons Task Force, this site will be
- Sovereign Bodies Institute- Main objective is to educate people about how Native communities experience violence and
provide solutions to existing problems through projects and research.
- Urban Indian Health- Aims to document the barriers to healthcare that Indigenous people face and collect accurate data
about Native communities.
- National Indigenous Women's Research Center- Focuses on providing resources for Indigenous women who have experienced violence.
- Lifeguard Group- Targets sex trafficking in Montana through awareness and education.
- Spotlight- The leading victim identification tool used by law enforcement to aid in juvenile sex trafficking investigations.